So yeah, I kinda dropped off the radar the last couple of days, due to some fairly intense coding action. Now I’m finally able to take a breather between engines, here’s the current status on HellBounders: Episode One proper.
Given that coding the battle engine I had in mind using Python was going to be a major-level headache, I decided to go the other way and code a simple VN system in GameMaker. The reasoning being that once I got that grunt work out of the way, the more complex stuff would be a comparitive doddle.
Well, I’m pleased to say that plan’s going pretty well so far. The VN engine’s close to feature complete, enough so that I can move on to the battle engine. But hey, don’t take my word for it, check out the Live Demo. Previously, my main gripe with GM was the lack of cross-platform action, but after forking out for their new HTML5 edition, that mostly ceases to be a problem. And with the promise of iOS support in future versions, it can most likely only get better.
Anyway, onwards and upwards. I should finally get some strips up this coming week too, with any luck.